Profilux problem

• I am sorry to post in english, but i hope anyone can help.

I bought a Profilux II plus, and it seems #3 socket wont come on.
    Light wont come on on bar either.

Also, yesterday #2 socket stopped working, light remains on, but will not supply power to the socket.

Anyone can help me ?

Thank you, Marc.

• Hi Marc,
    welcome to the forum!
    Well, unfortunately I am not the one, who can help. I never used a Profilux myself.
    I am sure that you studied the manual and the lights are connected and programmed accordingly.
    If using GHL lamps, only control lines (L1/L2) are connected to Profilux and powercords to a normal
    powerplug (without Profilux).
    If you're using other Lamps, are you sure they are dimable? EVG (ballast) set up correctly in Profilux?
    Rainday/storm etc. simulation off? Bulb burnin function still disabled?
    Wasn't there a "lightdemo" mode, were the lamps are continuously dimmed up/down? What does this do to your lamps?
    So many options... Maybe its simply broken. :frowning_face:
    Best,
    Ralf

• Thank you for the warm welcome Ralf,

The dimmable L/sockets were not used, i was simply using the on/off settings on the power bar.

It just seems 2 of them do not function.

I have been able to program all other channels with no worry, but 2 of them seem broken.

Yes, i have read the manual many times, i just thought a couple of you out there might have used the profilux before.

I have been given the first profilux in North America, so it is difficult for me to get any help with it.
    But i will keep trying, other wise it is a wonderful controller.

I thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Ralf, if it is the same one i do believe you just had reefcentral tank of the month ?
    If so i wanted to congratulate you on a wonderful job...a beautiful tank to say the least.

If you are interested, i have a thread aswell on mine there..heres a link to the latest updates.

It is only 1 yr old..so still not full of many corals and fish yet..takes much time.. :smiling_face:

http://www.reefcentral.com/for…7&perpage=25&pagenumber=6

Thank you again Ralf.

Marc.

• Hello Marc,

GHL, the manufacturer, is also posting in this forum. Possibly, the admin can forward the question/s to GHL, they might be able to help you directly.

@ TISI:

Please forward the question/s to GHL.

• Marc,

uuups, you got me ;-).

Amazing setup you have there.
    I esp. like your aquascape, looking very natural with enough room for coral to grow and fish to swim through.
    I adore your craftsmanship on building the system. I for sure wouldn't be able to build such a system with that high amount of DIY parts. (Well, I would be able to build something, but wouldn't dare to fill it with water afterwards :winking_face: ).

For not running completely off topic...
    As programming the ProfiLux clock seems to be relatively straight forward, it looks like there's a
    hardware defect. Hopefully GHL is reading this and able to help somehow.

Thanks for your kind words,
    Ralf

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!