Cyclon AS question!

• Hello!

My name is Mattias and i´m from Sweden. I have just got my new Cyclon AS skimmer and have som qustions about it that I hope someone here can help me with!

I have installed it and it´s running but it makes a lot of noise! Is that normal and will it be more quiet after a while or is it supposed to sound a lot? It seems like the place where the bubbles come in the skimmer sounds a lot! Not the air-tube but the venturi(?)

My other question is about the aquabee pump that also sounds alot. I think I will buy an Eheim-pump 2400l/h instead.... is that ok?

Best regards
    Mattias Olsson

• hi mattias

the aquabee needs a little time to be quit (perhaps you can locate the noise more special wher it came from (somtimes a little neopren under the aquabee eliminates the noise (or other smooth materials like the blue sponge filtermaterial )

the never version of the cyclon have silikon hose between pump an skimmer ..do you ???

the venturi normal makes no noise but the end of the air hose without an "noisekiller " is terrible loud

check the venturi for objects like mini shells oder other kinds of objects ....

perhaps the skimmer only need time (4-5 days ) to function correct ...

the eheim will also work fine with the skimmer

best regard´s dirk

p.s. excuse my horrible english

150x60x60 cm Weichkorallen only
    8x54watt 2xTunze 6000 +Ati 2500
    TB 1.0x0.5x0.4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Dirk Mollink ()

• thank you for the answer!

I wait and hope for the best!

I´m new to this forum but it´s hard because my german is very very poor =)

Best Regards
    Mattias Olsson

• Why you bought an venturi system???
    Skimmers with needle impellers are much more quiet! Also with aquabee pumps.
    H&S sales a lot of them!

KORALLENWELT - gegr. 1993 - Torsten Luther - Inhaber
    Tätigkeitsschwerpunkte: Aquariendekorationen, Abyzz Pumpen, Propellerpumpen, Großanlagen, Planungen

• "the never version of the cyclon have silikon hose between pump an skimmer ..do you ???"

Yes, I have a silicon hose between the pump and skimmer.

Is therer anyone else that have had problems with the noise with this skimmer? And what do you think about the skimmer in general?! I think it works very well exept the noise!

• hi mattias

my skimmer works fine (have an older version with normal hose between skimer and aquabee ) little noise from the pump (most of the aquabee are not the quitest .....but in my aquarium cubicle you hear nothing ...)

the cyclon is an accurate assembled skimmer (imho)

have my skimmer for 7 month and only in the begining i have little probs (noise and adjustage problems ) but when the skimmer works it works and work and works fine

makes the aquabee the noise or is there an body clangor whitch ist transportet from the pump to the tank ??? (perhaps you can make little neopren bumbers between aquabbe an fishtank ...it is worth a try ...

regards dirk

150x60x60 cm Weichkorallen only
    8x54watt 2xTunze 6000 +Ati 2500
    TB 1.0x0.5x0.4

• Hello Mattias,

the Cyclone AS is a very quiet venturi-skimmer with a special silencer.
    The aquabee makes sometimes a buzz noise.
    It is important to take some foam between pump and area of contact.
    If the injector makes noise, there is something wrong.
    Is the silencer accurate connected?
    Are the bubbles small or great inside the skimmer?
    Anyway remove the injektor and look through the passage and eliminate the foreign substance.
    If you cannot find a reason for the noise, please contact us.

Best Regards
    Christian

• thank you for the answers!

Yes it is the injector that sounds alot! Not the aquabee-pump or the silencer...

If I choke the air-inlet it is dead-silence. But as soon air is flowing through the injector it sounds alot. It´s like a "rassling" noise if you now what I mean. I will try to remove it and se if something is stucked inside it!

The bubbles inside the skimmer is very small.

Best Regards
    Mattias Olsson

• Hello!

I have now looked inside the injector but nothing was stuck inside. I have som pictures of it so someone maybe can se if it´s something wrong with it. I don´t know how it should look inside it.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9158/dsc01008iy2.jpg
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9101/dsc01013jx2.jpg

I have tried to remove the air-hose with the silencer and then the anoying sound stops! It´s like the air-hose with the silencer is making the sound in someway, maybe it´s jamed with something? The skimmer makes alot of more bubbles if I remove it so perhaps it´s something wrong with it as well??

• I think I have found the problem (I hope) =)

There is some water in the silencer! I have tried to suck it out it works alot better. The problem is that it´s hard to get all the water out because you can´t disamble it (?)

• Hi Mattias,

it's fine, that you found the reason of noise.
    No problem!
    You have to wait for a while till the silencer is dried again during he is running.
    Alternative, if he is broken, you can fix only a air-hose 1,5 Meter long without the silencer or contact us.
    You will get a new one.

Best Regards

Christian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!